Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mandala for peace

I visited the Buddha Tooth Relic temple a couple of weeks ago after lunch with my friends.

I have been to this temple many, many times and I am always fascinated and enthralled by the splendid grandeur and calming serenity of the place.

Even though the temple is in the heart of Singapore's bustling Chinatown, its placidity and calmness is simply remarkable.

It's with this in mind that always look forward to visiting the temple.

On the day I visited, there was a beautiful mandala on display at the entrance. I am not sure what the mandala in the picture means but as I understand it, the mandala itself is symbolic of the temporary nature of life.

More details on mandalas can be found at http://www.mandalaproject.org/What/Index.html

No comments: