Saturday, May 31, 2008

I live in a jungle and I love it!

I got inspired a week ago to take these pictures of my plants.

I just love the lushness and the faint fragrance of green in the air when i get home.

These plants are really easy maintenance; I water them just 2- 3 times a week.

No special foods, just tap water and sometimes, the rinse water from rice. (Just like what my Mother used to do...)

- My doorway

- I love my Dracaenas, I have two. One completely green and the other has streaks of yellow.


- My yellow Dracaena and my Japanese bamboo (i read somewhere its called Sasa palmata)


- This is my magic bean plant that I mentioned earlier. Its taken over the top of the gate. Notice the dried plam leaf? That's from my colleague Tracy. Its for Palm Sunday and as any good Catholic gurl knows, its a symbolic welcome to the Lord.


- My yellow Hellaconia. Waiting for it to bloom. And yes, its the same as the roadside plants. I got mine at IKEA. Its a very hardy plant. Always has new leaves sprouting.

I will take pictures of the smaller plants and my 30 year old curry leaf plant for another posting.

Enjoy these.

No comments: